Monday 7 January 2013

Sala Thai Restaurant Male

Since the old and very well liked Sala Thai Restaurant had to close, due to smoke damage from next door neighbors fire, the owner Thomas has reopened another one in a nearby location. Not only that, but a very nice boutique hotel and spa are also now part of it. 


I remember coming here a while ago when it first reemerged and not liking it too much. I thought it was too expensive compared to other Thai restaurants on Male island. I also really used to love sitting on the Thai style leaning cushions at the old place, which the new one no longer has.


But something changed. The atmosphere here is suddenly much more serene and calmly confident. I cannot describe what exactly makes it better, but I like it.
Sala Thai is from now on topping my former favorite Lemongrass Fifth, which has gone down hill badly. The price I pay at Sala Thai is worth my every penny. Consistent quality of food and service will always prevail. Naturally.
Today I had a meal that made me feel happy and satisfied. My beloved Tom Yum Soup with Seafood, a little rice and a fresh Pineapple Celery and Ginger Drink. All at just 10 delightful Weightwatchers points. So, considering my New Year resolutions, it also rated very highly.

The only problem is, I still haven't found an easy way to get the meat out of these crab claws... even with all the paraphernalia they give me to use...such a kerfuffle... any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Here a link to the Sala Thai Website: http://salafamilymaldives.com/index_salaThai.php

Sala Thai, Male, Buruneege
Republic of Maldives For Reservation: +(960) 334 5959 
Opening hours: Saturday-Thursday 12 noon until 12 midnight
Friday 18 - midnight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...