Tuesday 13 March 2012

Pilot a British Airways Flight Simulator


Are you one of those people who really would love to go and have a look in the cockpit when they get on an airplane? Would you like to feel and touch the controls of a Jumbo Jet? Do you want to actually take off and land one?
I knew it!
Well.... you could.

BA Flight Training 'ebaft' are offering you to do exactly that. With instructions from a real British Airways Pilot, you (or you and your friend together) can 'fly' one of the most advanced state of the art technology Flight Simulators at the British Airways Flight Training Centre. This will be an exhilirating experience for any airplane enthusiast with a little bit of spare cash in their pocket. It's not a cheap day out I must warn you, but it's worth every penny and would make a jolly nice gift for quite a few people I can think of.


But first of all let me tell you about Cranebank. The place where it's all happening.
We lovingly call it Braincrank. Every year Pilots and Cabin Crew are summoned to do their annual recurrent training and exams.
Of course we are always looking forward to this and it is really very interesting. Playing with Fire extinguishers and smokehoods (my favourite), before indulging in one of Hounslows finest Breakfasts.
Yes, to my delight, there is a Canteen, and I have been freqenting it for 12 years now. The hot counter display is oh so breakfasty, the Baked Beans and Sausages are beanie and sausagey and I'm sure you can already imagine what the eggs are like.


   
My Top Tip: Get ahead of the queue at the till, otherwise your Hash Brown may no longer be hashy but all brown and limpy by the time you get to one of the communal tables.

Later in the day we will be tested in how well we can perform the various drills that a cabin crew member needs to know. The athmosphere is adrenaline charged and there is always alot of shouting and slamming doors going on. It's all pretty marvellous stuff.



Now here comes the exciting bit. It's not exclusive for us Cabin Crew at all, you too could do a 'Flight Safety Awareness Course' right here at Cranebank. You could have an action packed day, learning about aircraft safety,  you get to open doors and overwing exits, escape a mock emergency from the famous Boing 737 Simulator and much more.
Click here for more information on this course:
Flight Safety Awareness
Click here for more information on this course:
Flight Simulator

All I can think of is Lunch now. I wonder what's for Lunch today, I wonder what's for lunch. It's like a song spinning round and round in my head.
Oh hang on, I'm sure he just said something about Sliders. Is that what's for lunch?
Ah no... no.. Slide! Jana, it's a Slide... Jump down the Slide!







1 comment:

  1. It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I
    could I wish to suggest you some interesting things or tips.

    Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I want to read even more things about it!

    my web page; assfucked.org

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...