Monday 5 March 2012

Aïoli Restaurant, Male, Maldives

Whenever I come to Male as Crew we like to visit Aioli Restaurant, near our Hotel.
I have been there many many times and cannot fault their food.
The menu has a mixture of delicacies from all the various Asian and European cuisines, competing for your attention.
What do you like? What do you fancy today?
There is definitely something for everybody.
Creative Salads, comforting Pastas, exciting Curries, Vegetarian Food, fresh Seafood, juicey Steaks and local Fayre.

The outside or airconditioned (sometimes too chilly) inside sitting areas are friendly and reflect the style of the varied cuisines that are served here. Downstairs by the courtyard is a vitrine with tempting cakes and sweets on display,  which I can imagine will make coming here for afternoon tea a nice idea. Still it is never very busy in Alioli and I cannot quite understand why.

Butter Chicken with Rice and Garlic Nan is the favourite dish amongst the Crew, but I personally went for the Hot and Sour Soup with Prawns. I love it, but if you are not used to the chillies it will give you hickups!
One great thing that I like alot about Aioli, is that they will accommodate your taste for degrees of spicyness. Just tell them how hot or mild you like it and they'll do it.Which makes me think, why don't restaurants have a scoville chart type rating for dishes. ... Make mine an 8 out of 10 please :-)

Here  is a link to their website: http://www.aioli.com.mv/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...