Friday 9 March 2012

Minced Beef Dry Thai Curry

This pungent Curry was inspired by my visit to Thai Wok Restaurant in Male. Of coure this isn't the same recipe as they use,  it is my recreation using healthy ingredients. I've had something similar many years ago in my Backpacking days, when I was working in a Thai Restaurant in Koh Samui and was eating there with the Family every day. It's fiery hot and fragrant, perfectly balanced salty, sweet, spicy and sour from the Lime squeezed over at the table. As I was cooking it it reminded me of it's mexican cousin, the Chilli Con Carne. It must be a great combo - Chilli and Minced Beef!


Ingredients:
250g Extra Lean Minced Beef
100g Green Beans, cut into little rounds
6 Kaffir Lime Leafes, sliced into very thinstrips, like little needles (keep some for garnish)
2 Lemongrass Stalks, dry outer leaf discared, then chopped  finely
1 tbs  Red Thai Curry Paste
4-10 birds eye Chillies, sliced into small rounds
1/2 tsp Palm Sugar
Vegetable Oil
Lime to serve


Fry the Beef in a little Vegetable Oil until no longer red. Then add the Beans, Curry Paste, Lime Leaf and Lemongrass. Stir this around for a couple of minutes until the Curry Paste becomes fragrant, then add a glug of water and cover with a lid. Cook for a few more minutes, until the beans are just cooked.


I'm having a friend round for dinner tonight, so I am also making a Thai Green Curry, Sticky Rice, a Som Tam Salad and Stir Fried Spinach with Garlic. Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. You have one lucky friend! The meal above look nice and the side dishes sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe looks amazing, great photos. I love the layout of your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nancy and Lora, yours are my first comments on this blog :-)
    How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...