Tuesday 6 March 2012

Thai Wok Restaurant, Male, Maldives

My third favourite restaurant on Male Island is
Thai Wok Restaurant. H. Ameeru Ahmed Magu, K. Male
(960) 331-0007.
With a large array of authentic dishes at very good prices this is an obvious choice for a casual meal for Locals and Foreigners alike.
My Top Tip: Do ask them how big the portion is that you are ordering. Most rice and noodle dishes are large enough to share by a whole family. While meat and side dishes come in 3 different sizes and small really means small.

There is one thing that puzzles me. With Thai food being so plentifully found everywhere here, where are all the Thai people. To be honest I haven't seen any. Not one!

Ok back to Thai Wok though. Tonight I had the obligatory Tom Yum soup followed by deep fried fish with tamarind sauce and a dry minced beef curry. If like me you like Thai food spicy, you will probably also love the fact they have the chilli fish sauce and chilli vinegar condiments on their tables, to which I helped myself happily! All my dishes today were faultless and I enjoyed them very much. Best thing is, what I can't finish now will make my crew meal on the flight home  :-)
Oh and by the way the take away food was laced up in little plastic bags, skilfully wrapped with tiny string, I have only ever seen that done by Street Food Vendors in Thailand, so I think I now know where the Thai people are... They're in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...