Sunday 16 June 2013

The Iranian Flatbread Sandwich

I'm sure there are plenty of things people put into a flatbread sandwich, but to me this is the one, the ultimate and the best. I first had it when a friend who is from Iran bought the ingredients and made it for me. I was puzzled over the paper thin bread and the huge bundle of mint. I could not imagine how this would make a sandwich. 
He assembled the bread in a few layers crumbled bits of Feta all over, added a few slices of red onion and finally a whole handful of mint leaves. Then he rolled it all up like a big cigar and voila the Iranian Sandwich was made. 
The mint and feta work together like a dream and the crunchy ping of the red onion completes the dish. And yes you do want all that mint. 


This sandwich I made today resembles the same method but I chose the freshest Flatbread I could find  instead of the Village Sheet Bread, which can be bought in Middle Eastern supermarkets. I also added a few bits of Radish and Bell Peeper for some more volume and crunch. A drizzle of Olive Oil made it perfect. Served with some pickled Peppers and Olives on the side this made a great summer Lunch.
I seriously urge everyone to give it a try. I know you will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...