Sunday 13 October 2013

Sausage and Wild Mushroom Papardelle

My Boyfriend says he doesn't like Pasta. I have a feeling he just had a bad Pasta Dish and like with so many other people who don't like some specific ingredient, it tends to be the dish that was bad, not the ingredient. I decided to try and to make him change his mind.
So I made this Pasta dish, which I think is a far cry from a badly made dish with some pasta tubes in soggy sauce.

I used venison Sausages, but any good quality sausage will be fine. Wild Boar ones would have been my ideal choice. They were out of stock this time.
Fresh Papardelle is the Pasta I used, a  nice Tagliatelle maybe substituted or another wide flat variety.
My Mushrooms were Giroles, but a mixed assortment would be even better.

So here the Ingredients:
(feeds 6 people)

500g Fresh Papardelle
500g Good Quality Sausages
200g Wild Mushrooms
3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 tsp fresh Thyme
100g Creme Fraiche
Parsley and Parmesan Cheese for finishing

Heat a little Olive Oil in a large Pan. 
Drop little nuggets of sausage pulled straight out of the casing into the pan. 
Fry until nicely browned, breaking the pieces up a little but leaving it chunky.
Add the chopped Garlic and Mushrooms and sautee until the mushrooms are cooked.
Meanwhile cook the Pasta in a large Pot with salted boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or whatever the instructions on your pasta packet say.


Next add the Thyme and Creme Fraiche and to the pan and leave to bubble very quietly on a low heat  while we wait until the pasta is cooked.
Once ready drop it straight into the sauce, adding some of the cooking water as well to loosen everything to the perfect saucy Pasta stage. Stir it all well and it's done.


Now serve right away on warm plates, garnishing with Parsley and grated Parmesan.
Tuck in and Bon Appetito!!


Verdict, I think he liked it. Will make more yummy Pasta dishes in the future. Because after all, I love a nice plate of Pasta every so often!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...