Tuesday 8 March 2016

Green Devil on Rye

Well, why did I call I green devil? It's not what I think. I love avocado. But a friend called it the green devil so often, that every time I see an avocado I now think it's called green devil.... Ok, that cleared up, here is my simple breakfast idea of the day. 


Start by putting a small pot of water on the stove and bring to a simmer. Gently lower two eggs into the water and set a timer for 4 minutes. 
Next place the rye bread into the toaster ready to push down. 
Then cut a ripe avocado in half and spoon out the flesh into a shallow bowl, season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of half a lime. Add fresh green chilli and chopped up spring onion if you like.
Mash roughly with a fork. Pop the toast.
Dollop the avocado on the toast. The eggs should now be ready. 


Shock the eggs under cold running water, then carefully peel. Place on top of the avocado toast, season with a sprinkle of sea salt and cut some fresh some cress on top.

Eat. Be happy! 😄
Bon appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...