Sunday 14 April 2013

Braised Chicken Livers

It's sunny!!!! We may just have arrived in Spring. To make the most of it I want to spend minimum time in the kitchen. Quick, wholesome and of course Weightwatchers conscious is what I have in mind.
I thought some nice fresh green Veg with a sweet Mash and some tasty Chicken Livers will be perfect for this lovely day.


I boiled a couple of Potatoes and roasted a Butternut Squash and a Sweet Potato in the Oven, which then got mashed together to make my sweet Mash.

For the Chicken Livers I sauteed an Onion in a little Olive Oil and then added the prepared Livers (500g) to the pan. Seasoning is white Pepper, Sea salt, Paprika a Bayleaf and a touch of Cayenne Pepper.
I then poured in a cup of ready prepared rich Gravy to create a luscious Sauce.  Simmered until the Livers are just cooked (about 7 minutes) and then sprinkled with fresh chopped Parsley.


A few green Spring vegetables simply steamed made a fitting accompaniment.
It was just srummylicious.
(One portion using about 150g Livers and 1 large spoonful of Sweet Mash are 6 Weightwatchers Points)

1 comment:

  1. This is the first receipt that I have seen with chicken liver and the funny thing is I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...