Saturday 19 May 2012

Razor Clams with Garlic and Parsley

Today the Fishmonger had a lovely collection of fresh Seafood on display, but the one thing I was drawn to were the Razor Clams. Not often have I seen these in the local Fishmongers. In fact I think it was never. Though in the Mediterranean Countries that I have visited they are always featuring on the Seafood Counters. How often have I wished that I could buy them. Well today was my chance!
As with all good seafood it doesn't need many ingredients, the less the better really.
So here is a recipe from Spain, the way Clams would be eaten on the Beach straight from the hot griddle.

Ingredients:
6 Razor Clams, washed thoroughly
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 tbs fresh Parsley, chopped
1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil


On a hot, lightly oiled heavy based pan place the Razor Clams flesh side facing up first. A couple of minutes and then turn them flesh side down and let the meaty part get just a little colour for a minute or two. That's all. Take them out and place onto a warmed serving platter.


To the pan add the remaining Olive oil, Garlic and Parsley and let it combine with the flavoured juices from the Clams. If the pan is dry add a splash of water.
Spoon this over the Clams and garnish with a Lemon Wedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...