Friday 25 May 2012

Sheila's Lemon Cheesecake

It's Sheila's Birthday Garden Party and I am making a cake. Sheila said she likes Lemon.
The best way for Lemon in a cake for me is Lemon Cheesecake. I took a tried and tested Recipe and added some Sheila extra lemony factor.
You'll see!


Ingredients:
12 Digestive Biscuits
90g Butter
1x 400ml tin sweetened Condensed Milk
1x 300g tub Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 Jar good Quality Lemon Curd (avoid the cheap ones, they have undesirable ingredients added)
2 Lemons, zest and juice
3 leaves Gelatine, cut into small pieces and soaked in a little water and lemon juice (this part is optional, but I had to transport the cake to Sheila's house, so I wanted a little extra hold)
1x 8 inch loose bottom cake tin


Break the biscuits into a bowl and crush them with a wooden implement. I used a cocktail muddling stick, but a rolling pin will do the trick.
Melt the Butter and mix it with the crushed Digestives.
Press this into the Cake tin to form an even layer at the base, Chill for an hour while making the cheese filling.


To make the filling place the Cream Cheese and Condensed Milk into a bowl and whisk using and electric mixer until there are no more lumps. Squeeze in the Lemon juice (don't forget to zest the lemons first), then mix again. Warm the gelatin gently until it dissolves and add this to the mix as well. Now smooth the cheese filling onto the base and chill again.


Finally pour over the Lemon Curd and sprinkle with the Lemon Zest. Chill again until you're ready to dismantle the cake from the tin and eat straight away otherwise the Lemon Curd will run away.
I admit I made a bit of a dogs ear of cutting and presenting my cake... 
You can make it look much more beautiful! I have faith in you.


xx Happy Birthday Sheila! xx

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your friend Sheila! I love lemon cheesecake. Weird because those are the only one that does not taste so sweet and get stuck in the middle of my throat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything with lemon. Happy Birthday to Sheila~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...