Sunday 15 April 2012

BBC Good Food Show and Jamie's Italian in Bluewater

Bluewater is my favourite Shopping Centre and I have spend alot of money there in the past. Good job I don't live very near to it now. However sometimes when I visit my friend in Kent, I come here for a little walkaround.
Today I had an even better reason to visit. The BBC Good Food Show Spring 2012 was hosted at Bluewater.
Lot's of tasting little nibbles from the exhibitors, kitchen gadgets that you may or may never use and some fancy wines and weird flavours you will never see anywhere else again. I'm talking about things like Chocolate Wine and Strawberry Champagne Cheese. That actually tasted really nice!
For me the highlight was watching Gennaro Contaldo on stage cooking a dish that made my mouth water and made me go mmmmm out loud in public.
Afterwards I went to Jamie's Italian Restaurant, where they had said dish on the menu as a special that day. I was well impressed with the Restaurant. The service was perfect for a large place like this where it would be impossible to be anymore personal. Though the plate I was served looked nothing like the one Gennaro made on stage, the taste was great and I swear they really did have wild boar panchetta in the ingredients. I could taste the unique flavour of wild boar in this dish.

Later on I had the opportunity to meet Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Contaldo at the Book signing, and since there was noone else there, I took the chance and told them how much I love their program 'Two Greedy Italians' and excitedly told Gennaro that I had the ingredients for the dish he made earlier in my shopping bag and was going to cook it tomorrow.

I was hoping to get the Wild Boar Panchetta from the Authentic Italian Cheese and Meats stall, but in true Italian spirit the guy behind the counter insisted that there was no such thing. This left me momentarily doubting myself but I have since found out that there is indeed such wonderful thing and Mr Italian Deli Owner was just a little ignorant. He doesn't know what he is missing! I will be recreating Gennaro's Pasta of Land and Sea tomorrow and post the recipe. Just not sure if I should make the pasta myself. Then again, the guys where so happy when I told them that I would, I'll try to do them proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...