Monday 9 April 2012

My TV Experiences & Appearances


It's actually a year ago since this program was made, and it has absolutely nothing to do with travel, but I was just thinking of it and hence decided that I might include it in my blog anyway.
I was still a full size, full fat version of me then and looking back at the video clip, I am very happy to have lost all the extra pounds with help of Weightwatchers.
The first time I cooked on TV was the year before, when I was a contestant on 'Britains Best Dish'.
On that show I won my heat on the day, but I didn't get chosen to come back for the next round.
Here I have a very badly recorded clip of the 'Britains Best Dish' Program.


A few month later a producer emailed me to ask if I wanted to take part in a new program with Gino D'Acampo called 'There's No Taste Like Home'. In the program the contestants cook a traditional family dish passed down though generations in a Restaurant for local Diners. At the end a winning dish is chosen which will remain on that Restaurant's Menu for 1 month.
The whole show is not available to watch anymore, so I might as well just tell you that I was the lucky winner and I have the Plate to prove it  :-D
It was all terribly exciting and with all the cooking going on the last thing on my mind was eating. I now see the making of cookery programs with very different eyes. It hasn't turned me off the idea of doing it again though. If another opportunity comes along I'm very much hoping  to be able to do it and then with my nerves a whole lot calmer.
To see my clip from this program it is still on the ITV Website: Trout 'blue' with salted potatoes and cucumber salad by Jana Steinhagen - ITV Food

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...